is a software application that typically runs on the web server, and allows your customers to do things such as searching for a product in your store catalog, adding a selected product to a basket, and placing an order for it. Upon checkout, the software typically calculates a total for the order, including shipping and handling charges and the associated taxes, as applicable.
Important moments while choosing shopping cart for your website:
- free or proprietary. As usual, you will get more support when buying software, but free solutions can also be good enough
- payment gateways support - which means are used to checkout the order
- licensed software or hosted service - the first is downloaded and then installed on a web server, the second is provided by hosting service provider
- various features like cross sells, quantity discounts/coupons, autoresponder and newsletter functions
- technical support and ease of integration to your website
Please view shopping cart providers in the table below. Click any of them to see full description and features.